A Private Interconnect (PI) enables direct traffic exchange between two connected networks (the Initiator – point of contact for the VLAN – and the Participant) over a dedicated VLAN on the AMS-IX US infrastructure.
- AMS-IX US assigns a private VLAN, in the form of a VPLS instance.
- AMS-IX US configures a port in the PI VLAN and assigns it to the Initiator.
- AMS-IX US configures a port in the PI VLAN and assigns it to the Participant.
- AMS-IX US does not assign IP addresses in the PI LANs. This is up to the two parties.
- Customers may connect to a PI using a dedicated port, or using an existing port with a chosen 802.1Q tag.
- We do not allow multiple MAC address on the port. So traffic from PI LANs should be from the same MAC address.
- In case of problems, both parties can contact AMS-IX NOC, providing the names of the parties involved and the PI VLAN identification.
- If you are already connected to one of AMS-IX US Exchanges, you can order a PI connection via our customer portal
- If you are not connected yet, you need to apply for a connection first.